Update added by user Mar 06, 2015
I feel that it is time to mark this issue as resolved.While I still dont understand how the site runs on Instagc's side (and I dont need to know) I do now know why my points were being held back.
Im not saying it was right, but I do understand that the motive behind it was not malicious like I had thought. Also, I have noticed better customer support by Instagc.
For this I am very appreciative.
I do complain a lot, but I also compliment just as much.I do this on my own volition and was not asked to do this by anyone from Instagc.
Original review posted by user Feb 23, 2015
Instagc.com itself is not a scam. The website is great if you want to earn a little of extra spending money. Its the people running the site that are the scam. First we have moderators who make up rules in chat as they go along. I have seen members banned and they had not broken any of the rules. I have experienced it personally as I got a 10 minute ban for saying, "Time out isnt so bad, it gives me time to rethink my plan. LOL" Why did I get banned? Because a mod took that as serious. It didnt matter that it said LOL. It didnt matter that she/he didnt read the entire conversation. They just felt like banning me. They have a rule that Mods are always right so some take advantage of that. I saw one quote a rule regarding points in the chat but she added her own words to it. What is the sense of having rules if they are not adhered to?
Moving on, the next part of my complaint is about frozen points. When you do any task (trial, sign up, buy a product) and its worth more than 225 points your points are immediately frozen. Why? They will tell you its in case the member decides to cancel the order and still get the points. NOT TRUE. I found out the real reason. It is because they want to make sure they get paid from the advertiser. So, they are holding what we worked for and earned to make sure they get paid which is something we have nothing to do with. The rule itself is faulty as it states points will be frozen from 7-14+ days. See that plus there? They can use it to hold your points for as long as they want. That is exactly what they tried to do to me.
In the beginning of February I bought the Pimsleur Approach discs to learn French. I knew I would have to wait for my points and I was okay with that because I was getting a 5.00 profit at a time when I knew I would need it. My 14 days came. What should have been automatic did not happen. I politely asked them for them at 8:33 am. I did not receive a response by 11:10 so I wrote again asking them did they at least know when they would be released. One hour and 45 minutes later, I was told:
We are evaluating the release status of the offer and will update this Ticket soon as more info is needed/available.
Now they had my confirmation email. They knew I completed the order so what more was there to evaluate? This is what I was told: Nothing on your end at the moment. More information from advertiser. WHAT? Wasnt my confirmation email enough?(No because they needed to make sure they were going to be paid.)
I told them I was going to contact Andrew Day who is from the company Day Online (Instagc's mother company). He had helped me on a previous issue. I sent him the conversation with support, the confirmation email and a pic of the discs.
He wrote back to me and said, "Your ticket will be updated. Please do not make tickets or emails-it creates more work."
I could not believe the audacity. Of course Im not going to sit back and just let you do whatever I want. Andrew and I then had an email discussion that finally led to my points being released at 3:16pm. Too late for a direct deposit to be placed the next day. Which is what I needed.
I have closed my account with Instagc because it is not worth the stress or the disrespect one receives from not only the moderators but from the head office itself. I can back all of my complaints as I saved every communication with them.
Surprisingly they have an A+ rating at the BBB. http://www.bbb.org/louisville/business-reviews/internet-services/day-online-solutions-llc-in-sellersburg-in-159140819/complaints
But I am going to make my complaint there now. I encourage everyone who has issues with Day Online or Instagc to complain there too.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Privacy and Data Security|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Easy instant spending money
What I disliked
- Site management
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Preferred solution:
- I really dont have one. What can be done when people are sarcastic and act like they dont care about the issue? Sorry doesnt cut it this time.
- Product or service
- Review category
- Cash Services
You May Also Like
- "Williamhill website DOES suck a lot! It is awful! What where they thinking when they programmed a such bad website! By "bad" I mean "BAD".This website never works! I am..."
- "I went to the local Fry's Store in Phoenix, AZ on Jan 20th and cashed in my coins as I have many times at the same location. I went to redeem..."
- "I had the unfortunate luck of being rear ended, also unemployed, a single mom and an African American. My lawyer who is also dishonest, suggested these people to me as..."
- "I ordered a few things from Wish. I got the first 3 or 4 things without any problem. Then they screwed up. I think Wish is just a co that..."
- "Today my wife and I in our seventies made our Daily visit to Taco Bell, as we got to the drive thru there were no cars in. front of us...."
- "On Saturday Feb 14 it was advertised on Walmart.com that Bumblebee Chicken Salad w/ crackers was on sale for 1.00 per case due to roll back. I ordered two cases..."
- "I ordered a pair of faxon canvas low sneakers that were navy blue and lime green. I was originally happy with the purchase and started to wear the shoes out...."
- "Purchased a Southern Motion reclining sofa in Feb 2013 and accepted delivery in March of 2013. It's 3 years and 8 months later and the covering is flaking off along..."
- "These outfitters should be shut down due to unsafe practices and placing the public at risk. There place of business is in shambles, failing practically every code, they don't require..."